Sunday, September 25, 2005

Song of the Week 9/23/05

Mama Cass Elliot - "Make Your Own Kind of Music"

I love Lost. It's one of the best shows on TV in the past five years. The program doesn't usually use pop songs (well, because the people are stranded on an island with no power I imagine), but Wednesday night's season premiere used this song to perfect effect. And then the great Music For Robots had it up as an MP3 the next day. And now I can't stop listening to this song, which I knew first as a Paul Westerberg cover.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

File this under things you never wanted to know about a person. I had a crush on Mama Cass when I was about eight. It wasn't a romantic crush, but the kind of crush you have (or at least we used to have before our food got stuffed with steroids and girls started growing boobs at six) when you're young, innocent and have all your own hair. I actually wanted Mama Cass to be my babysitter. I'd watch her specials on TV and think of how neat it would be to have Cass come over and play. What's really fucking amazing about this is I'm not gay.
gw