Tuesday, September 06, 2005

I Am Trying to DJ Your Heart

So I am DJ-ing again this Saturday. This time it's a solo gig, with a slightly different musical focus:

When: This Saturday 9/10 at 10:30 p.m. until 4:00 a.m. - FREE!

Where: Magnetic Field, 97 Atlantic Ave (at Henry), Brooklyn

What: 21ST CENTURY BOY!
DJ Steve Reynolds (that's me) gets nostalgic for the decade that's only half over -- the '00s! From Wilco to The White Stripes, Death Cab to The Decemberists, Spoon to Scissor Sisters, Ryan Adams to Rufus Wainwright, you'll hear the artists that have made the best music so far in this century.

Yes, that's right, music made when you were alive and dealing with mortgages, car payments, baby formula, ineffectual presidents (or in my case) acting like you're still 23. The more people that come out, the better chance I will have of getting to do this night again. So if you've never made the trip before, this Saturday is the time.

Thanks y'all.

No comments: