Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Song of the Week 3/22/13

Justin Timberlake - "Mirrors"



Yes, I was one of the close to a million people that bought The 20/20 Experience last week. I thought "Mirrors" sounded great on SNL and Late Night With Jimmy Fallon and I dug Futuresex/Lovesounds, so this wasn't a guilty pleasure purchase. I finally was able to give it a spin on Friday, and while much of the album could have used a sturdy editor, it's still pretty good. And "Mirrors" is by far the best track.

What I didn't expect out of my early Friday evening at the office was to hear Rita Houston spin "Mirrors" as the opening track of her WFUV show The Whole Wide World. That was shocking, to say the least. But good music is good music and her show is pretty diverse -- and it sounded great going into Phoenix's "Entertainment."

No comments: