Thursday, February 03, 2011

Song of the 1/28/11

Don McLean - "American Pie"



With the anniversary of Buddy Holly's death today, and the lengthy Facebook discussion I had about the song feeling three times as long when you hear it when you're sick (and I've heard it three times during this cold), it seemed natural to make this the Song of the Week.

I really loved this song from when I was a kid up until I DJ'ed at a bar called American Pie my senior year of college. Then I started hating the song with a white hot passion. It was a combination of playing it every shift at midnight and watching idiotic people doing shot after shot during the entire song that turned me off. The cherry on top of the hatred pie was the dbag bar owner. Alas, he was not the first dbag bar owner I would ever meet.

No comments: