Friday, November 13, 2009

RT 20 Podcast 06: Ed Valauskas, Part 1

I've met a lot of great musicians during the almost two decades I've been in the music industry. I've also met a lot of great people during that same time. Ed Valauskas, bassist for The Gravel Pit, The Gentlemen and Jenny Dee & The Deelinquents, as well as an in demand producer and session musician at Boston's Q Division studios, is one of the few who falls solidly in both categories. Over the past decade Ed has been a part of many of my favorite concerts and plays on two of my favorite albums in that time--2001's Mass Ave Freeze Out by The Gravel Pit, and one of the 20 Albums That Changed My Life From the Past 20 Years, The Gentlemen's 2000 debut album Ladies and Gentlemen. During this podcast Ed and I chat about that album, five albums that changed his life from the past 20 years and a great tribute album that features the first new recording from the Gravel Pit in eight years. For this podcast I was here in New York and Ed was in Boston, but through the magic of technology it sounds like we were in the same room. (Look for part two of this podcast on Monday.)

To download through iTunes click here. To download the MP3, click here and then click on the MP3 button.

No comments: