Friday, October 05, 2007

Song of the Week 10/5/07

Lucinda Williams - "I Lost It"



I had forgotten how much I liked this song. I listened to it this week for the first time in a couple of years to prep for Williams' show Tuesday where she played Car Wheels on a Gravel Road in its entirety. Unfortunately for everyone in Town Hall (the audience, the band, the guys recording the show to sell as CD's afterwards), Lucinda was in one of her "moods," which meant her complaining repeatedly about her in ear monitors, whining about the show preview that was in Time Out and generally being on edge. It made the band tense (which was apparent from lackluster performance of the album opener "Right in Time") and made me annoyed enough to leave 3 songs into the second set.

Those complaints aside, "I Lost It" still rocks. And at least she didn't break into "Riders on the Storm" like she did a few weeks ago when I saw her at ACL.

No comments: