Saturday, June 12, 2010

U.S. vs. England 6/12/10

This was about as last minute of a themed DJ stint I’ve done. I got the call yesterday to spin at The Bell House in between World Cup matches -- specifically before the U.S. versus England match. So I scrambled to come up with enough acts from both sides to make it work. I think it turned out rather well. See what rock bands battled it out to a draw below.

The Beach Boys - “Wouldn’t It be Nice”
The Beatles - “A Hard Day’s Night”
Ramones - “Beat on the Brat”
Sex Pistols - “God Save the Queen”
Guided by Voices - “Glad Girls”
The Who - “I Can see For Miles”
Big Star - “September Gurls”
Oasis - “Rock n Roll Star”
Beck - “New Pollution”
Bloc Party - “Helicopter”
Wilco - “War on War”
Radiohead - “My Iron Lung”
Black Flag - “TV Party”
Black Sabbath - “Paranoid”
Queens of the Stone Age - “No One Knows”
Queen - “Tie Your Mother Down”
Van Halen - “(Oh) Pretty Woman”
The Darkness - “I Believe In a Thing Called Love”
Kiss - “King of the Night Time World”
The Kinks - “Destroyer”
Dio - “Rainbow in the Dark”
Def Leppard - “Photograph”
Joe Walsh - “Walk Away”
Joe Jackson - “Look Sharp”
The Shins - “So Says I”
Blur - “Parklife”
Talking Heads - “Once in a Lifetime”
English Beat - “Save It for Later”
Cheap Trick - “I Want You to Want Me”
Buzzcocks - “Ever Fallen in Love”
Devo - “Whip It”
The Stone Roses - “She Bangs the Drums”
Dinosaur Jr. - “Just Like Heaven”
The Cure - “Why Can’t I Be You”
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - “Don’t Do Me Like That”
Tom Jones - “It’s Not Unusual”
Elvis Presley - “Burning Love”
Elvis Costello & The Attractions - “Oliver’s Army”
The Smithereens - “Behind the Wall of Sleep”
The Smiths - “Panic”
Husker Du - “Could You be the One?”
The Clash - “Julie’s Been Working for the Drug Squad”
The J. Geils Band - “Love Stinks”
The Rolling Stones - “Rocks Off”
Superdrag - “Sucked Out”
Supertramp - “Breakfast in America”

No comments: