Wednesday, October 28, 2009

RT 20 Podcast 01: Scott McCaughey

When I first hatched this podcast idea back in November of '08 (yes, I am that crazy in planning ahead sometimes), the first person I knew I had to interview was Scott McCaughey. His work with Young Fresh Fellows, The Minus 5 and most recently The Baseball Project has brought me more entertainment and pure musical joy over the past two decades than any artist not named The Figgs. In this wide ranging interview we talk about one of the 20 LPs from the past 20 years that changed my life, the Fellows 1991 album-that's-not-really-an-album Hits from the Breakup Album; the new Fellows and Minus 5 albums that were released in July; his work as a member of Robyn Hitchcock and the Venus 3; and his stint as a long standing sideman for one of my favorite bands, R.E.M. I'd like to thank Scott once again for taking the time out after a Radio City Music Hall soundcheck to pop upstairs to chat.

Click here to subscribe through your iTunes or click here to go the podcast homepage and download the MP3.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! Nice job on the McCaughey interview. Though, after the introduction, you might have shat upon the mic for an hour and I still would have called it a good experience. I must admit it stung a bit as I listened in my Snuggy destroying a box of Archway oatmeal raisin cookies (Oreos were a better idea), but I laughed my ass off anyway. And props to the ol’ Tor-man for the Jessie-Rex bit. Looking forward to future installments.