Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Song of the Week 3/28/08

Morrissey - "That's How People Grow Up"



Apparently for the former Smiths singer, growing up includes a big ol' cowbell being played for three minutes straight and wasting time looking for love.

Holy crap, I think I agree with him.

If he added having a health scare, starting to take care of your body and mourning the closing of your favorite bar in the lyrics, this might be my song of the year. "That's How People Grow Up" is one of the two new tracks on Moz's Greatest Hits: Deluxe Edition and it's the rare new song on a best of that stands up with all of the previously released material. I haven't liked a Morrissey song this much since "The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get." It's wickedly catchy.

Listen to the cowbell and watch people go nuts below:

No comments: