Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Song of the Week 7/13/07

Buffalo Tom -"Tree House"

Bill Janovitz is the most soulful rock singer I have ever seen.

Words have repeatedly escaped me the past three days when I have tried to describe B.T.'s performance of this Big Red Letter Day track. It was as if the song possessed Janovitz, causing him to throw his head back, close his eyes and sing as loud as he could until all of the energy in his body had been expounded. It was one of those magical moments you hope for at every concert yet rarely ever see.

The rest of the show, one of a few the trio is doing in support of the fine new album Three Easy Pieces, was fantastic too. Yet after that mid set moment, it all felt like one long encore. I know there's a bootleg floating around the net, and I can't wait to get a copy.

No comments: