Friday, October 28, 2005

Song of the Week 10/28/05

Soul Asylum - "Just Like Anyone"

Days later, and my mind is still reeling from the S.A. gig at Bowery Ballroom, with the new rhythm section of drummer Michael Bland and filling in the bass spot for the dearly departed Karl Mueller, the ex-Replacement Tommy Stinson. This was the best Soul Asylum show I had seen in 13 years. Stinson and Bland played as if they got paid the louder and faster they banged away, and Dave Pirner and Dan Murphy haven't looked this jazzed to be on a stage in a long, long time. The highlight had to be the guy standing next to me and my friend Mike yelling out "Just Like Anyone" at one point, and they ripped right into it. I high-fived that guy -- Eddie Trunk of VH1 Classic. Seems metal and Soul Asylum go together in that man's world.

No comments: