Saturday, March 03, 2007

Song of the Week 3/2/07

Amy Winehouse - "Rehab"
I've heard this slice of British soul for a couple of weeks now on the World Cafe and it never fails to make me laugh. Not because of anything in the song itself--it's just that the celeb rehabs of the year (Britney, Lindsey, Isiah Washington) seem to have diluted the whole concept. Check in, check out, do whatever since you'll be out in 28 days not any better physically of emotionally. I suppose I could be wrong, I have been before.

Winehouse has a great smoky voice and looked pretty smoking...until the past few months. Looking at these comparison photos of Ms. Winehouse from 2004 till now, perhaps she needs a dose of rehab herself:

Last fall.........and here's 2004

Whew--where did all that sexy weight go? Maybe "Rehab" is a true life tale. In any case, Amy Winhouse's second album, Back to Black, is due out March 13th.

No comments: