Saturday, February 03, 2007

Song of the Week 2/2/07

Steve Winwood - "While You See a Chance"

So tons of kids have hit songs as their cell phone ringtones--or at least that's what I've been told. I think only one person I know has had a "hit" song play when their cell rings. So this week was a first when someone's ringtone reminded me of an old song. A person who I work with (I'll let the guilty party stay anonymous) got a new phone and left the ringtone at the factory setting. When the phone rang for the first time, it sounded like some creepy song you'd hear in a dentist's office or an elevator. A certain way the keyboard riff faded in during the ring reminded me of some song from the past, and after hearing that painful ring a few times I realized that the keyboard tone was similiar to the one throughout "While You See a Chance." I downloaded the song and then played it every time my co-worker's phone rang.

Damn, that continues to be funny. And it caused me to listen to the entire song repeatedly during this week.

No comments: