Saturday, February 17, 2007

Song of the Week 2/16/07

Justin Timberlake - "What Comes Around...Goes Around"

This year was the 12th edition of the Grammys I had to cover and about the only thing I remember a few days later is that Justin Timberlake probably should have done more than just three songs. "What Goes Around..." is the third great single from FutureSex/LoveSounds in a row, and Timberlake's performance of it was the best part of the Grammys. And not to take away from this guy's talent (because it's obvious to even a jaded person like me he's got it in spades) but the fact that he was the highlight of the telecast is just a sad reminder of how bad the show had gotten over the years. When was the last time a rock band or artist gave a memorable appearance on this show? I seriously can't remember.

I will say that the above video is just so over the top that I expect the JT backlash to begin at the end of the sentence. And it's always nice to see Scarlett Johansson dressed in revealing outfits.

No comments: