Monday, January 08, 2007

Coalition for NYC Homeless Benefit 1/6/07

When Magnetic Field regular Jon Quinn asked me to DJ his birthday party/fund raising extravaganza, I readily agreed.

And then I totally forgot I agreed to do it for an entire month.

Fortunately Quinn sent me an email to reconfirm a few days before, so I was ready to spin a not-so-traditional mix on the warmest January day ever in New York. (And when I say "not-so-traditional," check out the last 30 minutes).

The Hold Steady - "Party Pit"
Electric Six - "I Buy the Drugs"
The Jam -"In the City"
The Kinks - "Set Me Free"
Love - "Alone Again Or"
Spoon - "Everything Hits at Once"
The Smiths - "Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before"
Squeeze - "Cool For Cats"
Social Distortion - "Bad Luck"
Velvet Underground - "Sweet Jane"
The Lemonheads - "The Great Big No"
Guided By Voices -"Glad Girls"
The Pipettes - "Pull Shapes"
Bananarama - "Cruel Summer"
The Go-Gos - "Vacation"
The Breeders - "Cannonball"
The Raconteurs - "Hands"
Fountains of Wayne - "Red Dragon Tattoo"
Hoodoo Gurus - "What's My Scene"
The Replacements - "Left of the Dial"
New York Dolls - "Personality Crisis"
Buzzcocks - "Orgasm Addict"
The Monkees - "I'm a Believer"
The Turtles - "Happy Together"
Joe Jackson - "Is She Really Going Out With Him"
Elvis Costello & The Attractions - "I Can't Stand Up For Falling Down"
Matthew Sweet - "Girlfriend"
The Strokes - "Someday"
The Jesus & Mary Chain - "Happy When It Rains"
The Pixies - "Head On"
The Ramones - "Rockaway Beach"
Nada Surf -"Blankest Year"
The Hives - "Main Offender"
R.E.M. - "Finest Worksong"
T. Rex - "20th Century Boy"
David Bowie - "Moonage Daydream"
Talk Talk - "Talk Talk"
Gang of Four - "I Love a Man in Uniform"
Translator - "Everywhere I'm Not"
Wilco - "Heavy Metal Drummer"
The White Stripes - "Hotel Yorba"
Badfinger - "Come and Get It"
The Beach Boys - "Wouldn't It Be Nice"
Big Star - "In the Street"
Nick Lowe - "So It Goes"
Love and Rockets - "All in My Mind"
The Shins - "Caring Is Creepy"
Elliott Smith - "L.A."
Arctic Monkeys - "Mardy Bum"
The Clash - "Police on My Back"
The Fall - "Victoria"
Simple Minds - "Alive and Kicking"
The English Beat - "Twist and Crawl"
Bill Withers - "Lovely Day"
Boz Scaggs - "Lido Shuffle"
Doobie Brothers - "What a Fool Believes"
REO Speedwagon - "Keep On Loving You"
Journey - "Don't Stop Believin''"
Whitesnake - "Here I Go Again"
Rick Springfield - "Jessie's Girl"
Pat Benetar - "Heartbreaker"
Andy Gibb - "I Just Want to Be Your Everything"
Madness - "Our House"
Hall & Oates - "Private Eyes"
Toto - "Rosanna"
Hall and Oates - "Kiss on My List"

No comments: