Thursday, December 10, 2015

Village Voice Ballot 2015

I shut down the RT20 List after 25 years last year. But I'm somehow still a Village Voice Pazz & Jop voter, so I decided to assemble Top 10 albums and singles to submit and I figured I'd share them here. Enjoy. (Or criticize, whatever.)

Albums

1) Telekinesis – Ad Infinitum (Merge)

2) Courtney Barrnett - Sometimes I Sit and Think, And Sometimes I Just Sit (Mom & Pop)

3) Tame Impala – Currents (Interscope)

4) Mac McCaughan – Non-Believers (Merge)

5) Wilco – Star Wars (dpm)

6) Guster – Evermotion (Ocho Mule/Nettwerk)

7) Dwight Yoakum – Second Hand Heart (Warner Bros.)

8) FFS – FFS (Domino)

9) Unlikely Friends – Solid Gold Cowboys (Jigsaw Recordings)

10) The Figgs – Other Planes of Here (Stomper Music)

Singles

1) Alessia Cara – “Here” (Def Jam)

2) John Grant – “Disappointing” (Partisan)

3) Adele – “Hello” (XL/Columbia)

4) Best Coast – “Feeling Okay” (Harvest)

5) Beck – “Dreams” (Capitol)

6) Dawes – “All Your Favorite Bands” (Hub Records)

7) The Weeknd – “Can’t Feel My Face” (Republic)

8) Ryan Adams – “Bad Blood” (Pax Am/Blue Note)

9) EL VY –
“Return to the Moon” (4AD)

10) The Chemical Brothers – “Go” (Astralwerks)

No comments: