Monday, April 23, 2007

Song of the Week 4/20/07

Feist - "1 2 3 4"


My lifelong habit of singing and humming along to songs (especially in a car by myself) is something I picked up from my aunt. While I was visiting her this weekend she was humming along to some song, so I needed to get a tune into my head to combat the noise she was making. All of sudden "1 2 3 4" popped in there...and that was it. This song was stuck in my head for two full days until I was able to pop the iPod on and give it a spin. And another. And then another.

Such a simple chorus about moving on from a crappy relationship never seemed so uplifting:

"Oh, oh, oh,
You're changing your heart.
Oh, oh, oh,
You know who you are. "

You'd have to be even more of a cold-hearted son of a bitch than yours truly not to soak in the joy of this song. And while I know every other blog in the universe has linked to this, you'd have to be dead not top having fun watching the video:



Feist, I think you've reserved a place at the top of my singles chart for 2007.

No comments: