Saturday, July 29, 2006

Song of the Week 7/28/06

Electric Six - "I Buy the Drugs"

Let me make a bold statement:

Electric Six are the best band of the 21st century.

(I told you it was bold.)

Let me rephrase that--Electric Six are the best band that has released albums only in this century. 2003's Fire is a certifiable classic and the follow-up Senor Smoke is almost as good. The band's third album, Switzerland, is due out September 12th. And the four tracks that have streamed on their My Space page have me thinking that we've got a potential album of the year candidate coming in just a few weeks.

"I Buy the Drugs" is the first single. I have been listening to it constantly since I (cough, cough) recorded it off My Space. This week the video made You Tube. So sit back and relax, the Electric Six are going to take you to school:



Singer Dick Valentine may be one of the Top 10 frontman ever in rock. Ever.

(Oh, and the address Valentine sings in the bridge--that's a real address. Google it and you'll find out.)

No comments: