Friday, December 23, 2005

Song of the Week 12/23/05

Paul Westerberg - "Dyslexic Heart"

This gem from the Singles soundtrack was inescapable on Thursday as the transit strike trudged into its third day here in New York. I woke up at 6 a.m. to walk the hour plus to Alli's house, as she had the most valuable thing in NYC this week--a vehicle. This summer I had made her a disc with songs that all had heart in the title, and she grabbed it as we got into the truck. We heard it once on the two-and-half-hour drive in, and once on the three-hour-fifteen-minute drive back to Brooklyn. And then after I walked back home from her pad, I plopped down in my recliner, put on VH1 Classic, and there appeared the video, which stars a shirtless, writhing around on a dance floor pre-Entourage Jeremy Piven. (Piven had a bit role in Singles.)

Have I mentioned I'm happy to have the F Train back?

No comments: