Monday, November 21, 2005

Song of the Week 11/18/05

Guster & Ben Kweller - "I Hope Tomorrow is Like Today"

(Aww, the disco ball girl looks sad.)

This is one of my favorite songs on one of my favorite albums (Keep It Together) of the past five years. Friday night I saw an entire Guster set for the first time. And somehow I didn't punch any of the frat boys and sorority girls who mindlessly rambled and yelled when the band didn't do one of the songs from their first two albums. How a bunch of talented (and really nice) guys could get stuck with such numbskull, Abercrombie and Finch wearing fans is beyond me. It's like they don't want these guys to advance musically at all. I have a feeling the band (officially now a quartet) will piss off a lot of fans when they make a big leap forward with their next disc. And I hope some of those people go home and grow up.

But I digress. Ben came out and sang this song with them Friday night, capping off a good show. And I couldn't find a picture of them together, so I thought I'd post this picture of Moria the concert pal from her days as a Guster employee instead.

No comments: