Monday, December 26, 2011

Song of the Week 12/23/11

Chromeo - "I Can't Tell You Why"



I heard this cover of The Eagles' hit from The Long Run Wednesday night on WFUV's The Alternate Side. It was so bizarre and entertaining that I waited through another song just so I could hear the host Russ Borris backsell the track. I woke up Thursday with it still in my head and downloaded the single while I was having my breakfast at my desk.

There was a point where I didn't hate The Eagles. That ran from the first time I heard "New Kid in Town" while ice skating in December 1976 up until my internship at PYX 106 in Albany when I heard "Hotel California" for the 30th time. During the era that I did like the band, The Long Run was my favorite album of theirs. Perhaps the only way my brain can take hearing a song from that album is if a Canadian electro duo covers it.

No comments: