Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Song of the Week 2/13/09

The Lonely Island (featuring T. Pain) - "I'm on a Boat"



I must admit that the videos this SNL trio cooks up run hot ("Dick in a Box," "Jizz in My Pants") and cold ("The Space Olympics," "Ras Trent") for me. But this song and its clip are a shining reason why I DVR every new SNL episode.

This track works on two levels:

1) It's fucking funny. I can't stop laughing when T. Pain sings "motherfucker" and "I fucked a mermaid" or when Andy Samberg raps "I got a nautical themed pashmina afghan."

2) It's damn catchy. I've been humming it almost ever day since it debuted on SNL February 7th.

Seriously, I think this is the best thing on SNL this season.



Okay, maybe second best.

1 comment:

patient boy said...

I nearly snarfed coffee the first time I heard him sing the words "flippy floppies".