Friday, August 22, 2008

Song of the Week 8/22/08

Ingrid Michaelson - "Be Ok"


It's not often I really connect with someone I interview. Ingrid Michaelson is one of the very few exceptions. I spoke with her last fall when her song "The Way I Am" was going up the charts and within minutes we were cracking each other up like old friends. She came by the day job this week to talk about her new single and upcoming EP called Be Ok, and within a minute we were bantering like a longtime morning drive show. I don't usually dig this kind of music, but knowing that there's such a cool person behind it somehow removes that barrier. "Be Ok" is wickedly catchy and is done in under 2:30, which plants it right in my wheelhouse. And part of the proceeds will go to Stand Up 2 Cancer. So basically you'd have to be an asshole not to dig this song, which you can check out a live version below recorded earlier this month.

No comments: