Sunday, July 20, 2008

Song of the Week 7/18/08




This past week I went in for my second stint of jury duty in Brooklyn--and once again I got picked. In 2003 I served two weeks on a murder trial. Fortunately this time it was a civil case that got settled before we went into the courtroom. And each time I walked to the building I found myself singing the first single from the new Hold Steady effort. It's another great slab of (I almost hate to write this phrase but I will) Springsteen-esque rock with frontman Craig Finn spinning the tale of a guy being questioned by the cops. It was the perfect antidote to being wrapped up in the clutches of our jurisprudence system.

On the plus side, I don't have to go to jury duty for another eight years. By that point society might have broken down completely and vigilante justice will rule. Woo-hoo!

No comments: