Friday, November 03, 2006

Song of the Week 11/3/06

Southside Johnny & The Asbury Jukes - "I Don't Want to Go Home"

As I've written many times in the past, thank you WFUV. I randomly decided to listen to their stream at the office yesterday, and this track came up in the mid-afternoon. And my, it sounded so good. Myself and my co-worker Dave both started bobbing our heads along. I quickly downloaded it, and then listened to it once again just before we left for the day. And today the song inspired me to make a mix of songs with "home" in the title. And I do believe I will have to listen to that mix on the way home before I drop it off at one of my favorite haunts, Sample.

This evening I was trying to recall when I first heard this song, and I think I never heard it until I moved to New York. That seems kind of odd, since Albany definitely was open to Springsteen's fellow Jersey-ities. But I'm positive I heard it first on WNEW. (Ah, I remember those old call letters.) I also had no idea until Dennis Elsas back sold the song that Steve Van Zandt wrote it.

(Please don't tell the Springsteen fraternity I didn't know that--they'll throw me out in a heartbeat.)

No comments: