Monday, May 15, 2006

Song of the Week 5/12/06

Guns N' Roses - "Welcome to the Jungle"

Friday afternoon I continued my draining effort to listen to everything in my ITunes by visiting the "G" section, and cranking up Appetite for Destruction. It seemed appropriate with the Axl Rose-led lineup in town for four shows. And then Friday night I was at one of my favorite Brooklyn places, Sample, and I was telling the bartender Adam how I had to work the next to write up a story about GNR's first show. And he was like, "GNR is in town? Who's in the band? And when can I get your Ipod so I can play Appetite?" After some whiskey, I gave in, and soon "Welcome" was blasting into my ears ago.

I suppose with a full moon and hearing "Jungle" twice, I should have known things would get weird Friday night. Let's just say that at one point I thought, "I need to run out of this bar..." and leave it at that.

No comments: