Monday, February 04, 2013

Song of the Week 2/1/13

The Reigning Monarchs featuring Jed Parish and Norah Jones - "Ghost Town"

One of the reasons I love Brooklyn so much is that sometimes a great moment will come out of nowhere. Another fine example of this took place Saturday night. Heather and I decided, on a whim, to go to The Bell House to check out the Starfish Circus show. I knew that I was interested in hearing The Reigning Monarchs because USA Mike from Letters to Cleo was their lead guitarist. I quickly discovered when talking to the sound man Jeff that their drummer for the evening was Pete Caldes from The Gravel Pit and The Gentlemen. Then during the Monarchs opening set Caldes' Gravel Pit bandmate Jed Parish came out with Norah Jones to sing on a cover of The Specials' "Ghost Town." I was stunned, surprised and incredibly happy.


No comments: