Saturday, March 19, 2011

Song of the Week 3/18/11

Simple Minds - "Don't You Forget About Me" One of the fun things about being in Bunnie England and the New Originals is when we attempt to add new songs to our master live band karaoke list. Everybody has strong opinions, so getting four of us to agree on a song to take a stab at can take a while. The past month we made a concerted effort to add a bunch of new tunes to our list, with the focus being on songs of the 90s (one one for the 00s). Yet it was an offhanded suggestion by our drummer Scott Treude that lead to us trying out "Don't You Forget About me." I'm still surprised how quickly it came together--and how easy it is for me to sing. We opened our show with it at The Rock Shop last night and I had five people come up to me afterwards and say, "Wow, that sounded really good!" Guess we've found our new set opener.

No comments: