Sunday, June 06, 2010

Song of the Week 6/4/10

Guster - "What You Call Love"

I'd be disclosing this fact later in the year on the RT20 albums list, but I might as well spill the beans early. I've been hired to write the bio for the new Guster album. It's a great album, maybe their best. I actually feel more pressure doing this bio because it's so great. And "What You Call Love" is the track that's been stuck in my head since I first listened to the album 10 days ago. It starts with a ukelele playing and builds into a masterful pop song that reminds me of the Beach Boys in spots and Jellyfish in others. Oh goodness I can't wait for people to hear it. Expect it on any mixes I make from September on.

Gee, I hope I don't mess up their bio.

PS: I wrote this on my iPhone on the Amtrak back to the city. I needed to do something so I didn't kill the idiots in this car.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats Steve - writing bios immortalizes you!