Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Song of the Week 12/5/08

Nada Surf - "Weightless"

I love how things can come full circle. Last October at Union Hall I saw Nada Surf play their first gig after finishing their fifth album Lucky. Monday night at Maxwell's I saw Nada Surf play the last show on their tour behind Lucky (which ended with a guy dressed as a chicken dancing on stage with band and their their crew). I saw them six times while they were supporting the album, and each gig had its own cool highlights. Both of the shows (I also saw them Saturday at Bowery Ballroom) this week featured a great crowd sing-a-long with "Weightless," which has grown to be one of my favorite tracks on Lucky. I couldn't find footage of that song at Bowery or Maxwell's, so Webster Hall will have to do:



BONUS: The band ran a contest for a fan to make the official video for "Weightless." And by this clip below, you can see why it won. Major label videos aren't ever this smart and creative:

No comments: