Saturday, November 15, 2008

Song of the Week 11/14/08

Tom Petty - "I Won't Back Down"

I wanted to have an appropriate song to open up Groinstrong-a-thong last night. I think these lyrics prove why it was the perfect choice.

"Well I won't back down, no I won't back down
You could stand me up at the gates of hell
But I won't back down

Gonna stand my ground, won't be turned around
And I'll keep this world from draggin' me down
Gonna stand my ground and I won't back down

(I won’t back down) Hey baby, there ain't no easy way out
(I won’t back down) Hey I will stand my ground
And I won't back down"

We all love you Jonah. (And apparently we all love raffles too.)

1 comment:

Jonah said...

steve, you're the best! thanks for everything you did for the party.

i meant to tell you on thursday - that's one of my all time favorite petty songs!

there's new video on groinstrong - i'll bet there's lots more out there, so i hope we get to see the petty too.