Cee-Lo Green - "Fuck You"
So I started this post on Monday morning, but new stuff kept being written about this marvelous Cee-Lo track that I felt like I had to keep adding to it. I happen to think the song is genius because it's damn catchy and yet there's no way the original song could be the out-and-out hit it deserves to be. (Who knows what will happen with the edited version titled "Forget You.") In other words, I won't get sick of this song as I did with the radio overplay that ruined "Crazy" or "Hey Ya," and for that I am thankful.
Let's break down the rest of the Internets, bullet-point style:
- Cee-Lo explains how the song came about. (And how about Bruno Mars this year?)
- Videogum covers the best uses of the song with video footage.
- KCRW has an insightful piece that draws from my friend Jay Frank's book FutureHitDNA. (Jay and I will discuss this further on an upcoming podcast.)
- The always great Fuel and Friends calls it the song of the summer.
- Maura says it's already being covered. And people knew almost all the words.
- Allison still prefers Skee-Lo. (I liked it long ago.)
- And Gawker just needs to fucking relax. (And shut up.)